cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SAPOLAP Connector Log file

Environment: QlikView 8.5 for Developer x64

SAP ?

I am able to connect to an Olap cube and extract some data. When I add in an additional dimension I get a script error - no message number.

I would like to look at the log file on the QlikView server but am unable to find it.

I added the following log parameters to the connection string: Log=1;Logpath=C:\mylogfiles;LogFile= MyQvLogFile;

When I execute the reload process, QV runs for a bit and then closes with no log file being created.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lars_Wahlstedt
Employee
Employee

No; you can only place them in a sub-folder in the Log-folder. From version 5.40 the Connector automatically removes log-files older than 30 days.

regards / Lars

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lars_Wahlstedt
Employee
Employee

the Connector log-files by default ends up in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\Log" (could be a bit different in some operating systems).

Kind Regards

Lars Wahlstedt

Not applicable
Author

Is it possible to change the location of the log files from "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\Log"? The logs are filling up my C drive and I want to move them to a different drive.

Thanks in advance,

Dan Rhines

Lars_Wahlstedt
Employee
Employee

No; you can only place them in a sub-folder in the Log-folder. From version 5.40 the Connector automatically removes log-files older than 30 days.

regards / Lars