Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

SAPOLAP Connector Log file

Environment: QlikView 8.5 for Developer x64

SAP ?

I am able to connect to an Olap cube and extract some data. When I add in an additional dimension I get a script error - no message number.

I would like to look at the log file on the QlikView server but am unable to find it.

I added the following log parameters to the connection string: Log=1;Logpath=C:\mylogfiles;LogFile= MyQvLogFile;

When I execute the reload process, QV runs for a bit and then closes with no log file being created.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

No; you can only place them in a sub-folder in the Log-folder. From version 5.40 the Connector automatically removes log-files older than 30 days.

regards / Lars

3 Replies
Employee
Employee

the Connector log-files by default ends up in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\Log" (could be a bit different in some operating systems).

Kind Regards

Lars Wahlstedt

Not applicable

Is it possible to change the location of the log files from "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\Log"? The logs are filling up my C drive and I want to move them to a different drive.

Thanks in advance,

Dan Rhines

Employee
Employee

No; you can only place them in a sub-folder in the Log-folder. From version 5.40 the Connector automatically removes log-files older than 30 days.

regards / Lars

Community Browser