Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL SELECT causes problem.

Hello.

My new problem with Qlikview is as following:

I Have table in SQL with column ID that values are:

0 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 1 10 11 12 13 3 99 (nvchar)

I implement tables with sql select statement.

But!

When I load it in QV I see this table but its column has values:

0 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 99

So that QV adds '0' to single numbers even numer format is nvchar... It completely ruins my hierarchy tree. How to solve it without creating new table or using update statement (I have no access)

counting on you!

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

QlikView didn't care about such special data-types - there are only numeric or string respectively the combination of both as dual-field. But this isn't a problem rather the opposite. You could solve it with converting/formating with functions like num(num#(Field, 'Format'), 'Format') your data within a : Preceding Load.

- Marcus

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

try Num(ID) as ID in your script

Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

If you want ID to be interpreted as a text field, transform it in a preceding load to the SQL:

LOAD Text(ID) As ID, Field, Field2...;

SQL SELECT

ID, Field, Field2...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

And this is the answer.

Thank you all very much

jldengra
Creator
Creator

I had a similar problem with postal codes. Sometimes and apparently arbitrarily, QlikView loaded the values adding 0's to the left. For example, the value 7500 was sometimes loaded as 07500 and other times as 7500 in records from the same source having the value 7500.

After delving, the issue was related to nonprintable characters, and I solved it by removing all of them in the query, namely replacing CHAR(9), CHAR(13), CHAR(10) and CHAR(163) with the empty string '', as well as applying RTRIM and LTRIM functions to trim the result.

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

please close this thread by selecting the correct answer