cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

SQL data

I have connected SQL Server in QlikView script to retrieve Sales Data from 2010 to 2013 (till date)

1. The Date Field is named as DECDDT and is in 03/01/2011 00:00:00 format.
  2. Total number of Sales Rows are around >100 million.

Whenever I am trying to load the data, it gives me Out Of Memory Error.

Let me know how to get these data to make QVD for the same.

13 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

An equipment that is adequate for the needs of your business task. Your computer seems to be not adequate, as far as I see.

You don't really want to fight with hardware limitations that you can easily overcome (and a 64bit computer (today's standard) with an appropriate amount of CPU's and RAM is not really expensive nowadays).

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks for your reply.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

No problem.

At some point, you or your organization needs a computer that is capable of holding the complete data needed (and even more, if you want to create charts on top to analyze, support multiple applications / users).

Having said this, and if you absolutely need to use this old computer for any reason, you could start developing on this computer, on a subset of the data (removing fields or records, e.g. loading only the last 2 Months or only a certain sales region by using a WHERE clause in your SQL). As Gysbert said, this should also give you an idea of the total RAM needed.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks to both of you for your useful information.

I will definitely try using last three months data to make my application working.