Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarolBruski
Contributor
Contributor

SQL query behind the Qlik View dashboard

Hi,

I need to have SQL queries which are "behind" my qlikview dashboards. So by example I have some chart and I need to know query which is used to generate that chart. Is it possible on the level of single chart/raport/whole qvd file?

Or - in other words - do you know some possibility to migrate from qlikview to PowerBI?

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would venture you are in the wrong forums, you should likely go to the Microsoft PowerBI forum to see what is out there, doubtful you will get anything here regarding moving things to Power BI...

You should be able to look into the scripts in your apps to see what sources are being called there, but you will have to figure out what loads into which table in the data model and then translate etc.  I do not know of any migration path, again, you would be more likely to find that information on the Microsoft PowerBI forums I believe.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
t_raj
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @KarolBruski 

I am also in  similar kind of situation. My company also migrated from Qlik view to PowerBI. 

On Qlikview I am seeing 5/6 different sheets. And all sheets are filled with data in Tabular format.  I also want to see which SQL queries are responsible for data i am seeing in Qlik view sheet. I want to see where the data is coming from, Which tables, which columns and so on. 

Its been 1 years to your question and i hope you have found your solution for migrated to PowerBI. Can you share some information how you did it. It would be great help to me.

Thank you.