Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Safety_stop for QlikView?

Hi,

I just experienced the phenomenon that

- there was a scripting error, but I only just noticed it now

=> due to this (wrong fields entered for a JOIN), the laptop went into stasis - I couldn't do anything anymore,

- not even close anything,

- not even open the task_manager;

- I finally got a Windows message ending in the proposal to kill the computer using the power switch  something I did not believe Windows would ever propose itself...

=> Isn't there a possibility to put a kind of "safety stop" in a QlikView app so when during the reload, the whole thing threatens to run haywire, it just cancels?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

4 Replies
Not applicable

I believe there is "Qlikview_stop" option in Qlikview to exit from the QV application.

If the task manager was staled,you can kill the programs through "command prompt (CMD)"

1. Open -->CMD

2. Type TASKLIST and enter

3. Type TASKKILL /IM Qv.exe enter (to kill qv.exe session)

Not applicable

I have never seen or heard of that happen. Are you sure it's not an issue on your laptop? Are you using macros?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

unfortunately, I could not do this anymore when my computer froze just now - I could not access anything (that would include the command_prompt), the screen was entirely black. The reason, as I found out just now, was a "simple" scripting error in a JOIN - QlikView was trying to join with a pretty large cartesian product I'm afraid...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Kai,

no, I'm not using macros. My laptop, like all here, is centrally administered and everything I work on is on a server. There are some infrastructure issues here, it's not uncommon to spend 2min waiting for an Excel file to open and it's normal to get a "Not responding" message when opening a QlikView_app, but that was a first-timer for me, too.