Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Save the image of an url

Im working on a small project, where i have some url's of a web-site in a table. I also like to load the images of the url's into my qlikview solution, so when a user select an url its would be posible to also see a screen shot of the the url.

For example if I have a table with som url's:

www.bbc.uk 

www.fifa.com

I need to have an image screen-shot of the all the url's and saved, so I later can load it into my frontend qvw.

I need it to be dynamic, since the url's are not the same in each load.

Any sugestions?  

5 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Very interesting question. Let me make sure if I have understood the requirement fully.

You wanted to show a list of URL's and when the user makes the selection you wanted to see the screenshot of the URL's homepage. And you dont want to manually capture those screenshots but you wanted to dynamically get the screenshots, is this right?

I am sure you must be aware of using Bundle & Info Load to integrate external objects like images in QlikView. However, you wanted these images dynamically because your URL changes frequently... is this right?

I'll look forward to hear from you.

Cheers  - DV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Exactly,

And glad you find it interesting.

I know there are some other tools (not QlikView), but just got the thought, that maybe we can do this in QlikView.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I am off next week and I wanted to work on this task over my day off. I'll keep you posted if I come across with a solution. Meanwhile, lets see if other community users have a solution.

Cheers - DV

rohit214
Creator III
Creator III

hey henrik

please find the attachment

may it helps you

thanks

rohit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks rohit,

thats another way of doing it. You sugest a link that opens the url in a browser.

Maybee i will end with this.

But i really hope to embed the thumbnail of the linked web-site as a image in QlikView - not just a link.