Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter Plot Aggregation

Hi All

I want to create one scatter plot

My Data is like

Date            Sales_Id(Nominal Data)        Sales        

I want to see , if there is any pattern  of total Sales Made by No of Sales Id ( for each Month)

So, Ideally I want aggregation of Sales_Id by month as one dimension

and Sum of Sales by month as another dimension.

I am trying

aggr(count(Sales_Id),month(Date))  1st Expression

aggr(sum(Sales),month(Date)) as 2nd Expression

Please help.

Thanks in Advance

Siddharth

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just Use:

Count(Sales_Id) and sum(Sales)  as Expressions

and Dimension as Month(Date)

for scatter Chart

Regards

Nitin

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think you are over complicating your chart. Here is what I'd suggest:

1. Calculate Month as a data field (in your load script)

2. In your scatter chart, use Month as a Dimension

3. Two expressions are:

count(Sales_Id)

sum(Sales)

As a side comment, I'd say that any date-related charts are viewed better as a time trend. In order to visualize the correlation between the number of sales people and sales, I'd create a Combo chart with Month as a dimension, and the two expressions presented in Bars and a Line - both trends will be easily recognized and the correlation could be easily traced.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Austin, Texas and Johannesburg, South Africa!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply,

I really like your approach.Yes, A combined line and Bar chart over months will surely give me desired results.

My intention is to see that over different months, Sales persons try contact  their customers, I want to see if no of contact made has any affect on total revenue.

No time line is not my concern.

I want to conclude that if say in month Jan , people contacted 20 customers their revenue is say 4000 , similarly for each month I have different set of count and Sales...so I would have sort of 2 continuous dimensions, Count  and Sales.

Different sets will give me different bubbles..this is my requirement...I want different combinations of Counts and Sales