Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Scatter Plot Aggregation

Hi All

I want to create one scatter plot

My Data is like

Date            Sales_Id(Nominal Data)        Sales        

I want to see , if there is any pattern  of total Sales Made by No of Sales Id ( for each Month)

So, Ideally I want aggregation of Sales_Id by month as one dimension

and Sum of Sales by month as another dimension.

I am trying

aggr(count(Sales_Id),month(Date))  1st Expression

aggr(sum(Sales),month(Date)) as 2nd Expression

Please help.

Thanks in Advance

Siddharth

Tags (1)
3 Replies
gupta_n8
Valued Contributor II

Re: Scatter Plot Aggregation

Just Use:

Count(Sales_Id) and sum(Sales)  as Expressions

and Dimension as Month(Date)

for scatter Chart

Regards

Nitin

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I think you are over complicating your chart. Here is what I'd suggest:

1. Calculate Month as a data field (in your load script)

2. In your scatter chart, use Month as a Dimension

3. Two expressions are:

count(Sales_Id)

sum(Sales)

As a side comment, I'd say that any date-related charts are viewed better as a time trend. In order to visualize the correlation between the number of sales people and sales, I'd create a Combo chart with Month as a dimension, and the two expressions presented in Bars and a Line - both trends will be easily recognized and the correlation could be easily traced.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Austin, Texas and Johannesburg, South Africa!

Not applicable

Thanks for your reply,

I really like your approach.Yes, A combined line and Bar chart over months will surely give me desired results.

My intention is to see that over different months, Sales persons try contact  their customers, I want to see if no of contact made has any affect on total revenue.

No time line is not my concern.

I want to conclude that if say in month Jan , people contacted 20 customers their revenue is say 4000 , similarly for each month I have different set of count and Sales...so I would have sort of 2 continuous dimensions, Count  and Sales.

Different sets will give me different bubbles..this is my requirement...I want different combinations of Counts and Sales

Community Browser