Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scenario: we are using Qlikview 64 bit version 11 and we need to extract data from a .mdb file of MS Access 2010 database. Anyone has experience with it?

Can someone provide step by step process?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, that will work. From version 10 and in version 11, you have a checkbox in the script editor (tab Data in the bottom part, "Force 32 Bit") so you can have (and better do) installed the 64 bit version of QlikView, but work with 32 bit applications.

In regards to the second part, if the Access software is instaled using 32 bit, go to the Windows button, and run the following application:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

A dialog will appear allowing you to create User and System DSNs. Check System DSN, click on the button "Add...", Select "Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)", then you will be prompted for a name, and a Select button that will need to select the location of the Access file you want to access.

Click OK until you close all open dialogs and back to QlikView, Script Editor, click on the "Force 32 Bit" checkbox and "Connect" button. The same dialog showing User and System DSNs will appear, just select the one you have just created and that's it. Now with the help of the "Select" button you will be able to select fields and tables from that database.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

First, make sure all drivers have the same architecture. Microsoft Office 2010 is the first to support native 64 bits ODBC, that you can find here if you don't have them already installed in the Server.

Then create a new data source name in the control panel, administrative tools, data sources that points to this file, and use the "Connect..." button in the script editor to use it.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Thanks. However, when I tried to install 64bit ODBC driver, I learned that I have 32 bit Access installed. So now I have 32 bit ODBC driver with 64 bit Qlikview. Willthat work ? Also, can you eloborate the the 2nd part about how to create a new data source?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, that will work. From version 10 and in version 11, you have a checkbox in the script editor (tab Data in the bottom part, "Force 32 Bit") so you can have (and better do) installed the 64 bit version of QlikView, but work with 32 bit applications.

In regards to the second part, if the Access software is instaled using 32 bit, go to the Windows button, and run the following application:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

A dialog will appear allowing you to create User and System DSNs. Check System DSN, click on the button "Add...", Select "Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)", then you will be prompted for a name, and a Select button that will need to select the location of the Access file you want to access.

Click OK until you close all open dialogs and back to QlikView, Script Editor, click on the "Force 32 Bit" checkbox and "Connect" button. The same dialog showing User and System DSNs will appear, just select the one you have just created and that's it. Now with the help of the "Select" button you will be able to select fields and tables from that database.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Thanks. That works for me.