Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quiquehm
Contributor III
Contributor III

Schedule Matrix

Hi Experts !

I wondered if you could give me some help on a small app I am trying to create to build a very simple schedule table. I have a list of tasks with a start and finish dates fields. I manage to create all the dates in between those start and finish dates, so I can represent these easily , as can be seen in attached qvw file. The problem is I would need to skip all weekends ( and optionally holiday dates ), so the duration of these tasks should account for only working days. I am not sure how I would need to enter the holiday dates , maybe an INLINE table ...but how ? . Also I would need to see days in between two tasks even if there is no work done on these dates.

Current qvw app chart :

Schedule_qvw.PNG

Expected chart ( what I would need ) , based on an excel mockup :

Schedule_expected.PNG

I would appreciate any guidance you could give me here.

Many thanks in advance

Enrique

2 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

quiquehm
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Andrey for providing these links, there are tons of good information there.

I already read a god post by legend Henric Cronström, where I learnt how to create all reference dates for my dates intervals ( date_start and date_finish )

Creating Reference Dates for Intervals

I wondered if there would be a simple script modification to that one already in my app, that could provide all the reference dates between my start and finish dates  BUT excluding the weekends ( and optionally holidays ).

I could probably join that table to a master calendar to get my expected result ( as in my excel mockup printscreen )

FillDates:

LOAD

key,

networkdays(date_start, date_finish) as Work_days,

Date(date_start + IterNo()-1) as date_Fill

RESIDENT Tasks

While IterNo()<= date_finish - date_start + 1;

Thanks again for your time and help