Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scheduled Reload on QV11

Hi there folks..

I have been doing some reading in Qlikview but couldn't find the QV reload schedule info..

So lets say that I have a QVD\QVW file and I want to schedule a nightly reload.

From what I know, the QVD file is subjected to the behavior of the QVW file, so my guess is that this schedule is defined in the QVW file.

Since I have two cases - a stand alone QVW file (no QVD's) and on the other hand - a QVW file with QVD's as its source, my question is how do i shcedule a specific (automated), "behind the scene" Reload?

thanks,

Evya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

In QMC > Documents > Source Documents > My.QVW - you should see this , click it and it shoudl allow you to create a task.

If you want to schedule a QVD file:

QMC > System > Supporting Tasks > QVD Creation > and you'll need to go through the setup.

I'm totally new to thsi whole QlikView thing so there may be easier/better answers out there.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In QMC > Documents > Source Documents > My.QVW - you should see this , click it and it shoudl allow you to create a task.

If you want to schedule a QVD file:

QMC > System > Supporting Tasks > QVD Creation > and you'll need to go through the setup.

I'm totally new to thsi whole QlikView thing so there may be easier/better answers out there.

Not applicable
Author

Hi there td3wiremn and thanks for the quick answer!

Im sorry about my next question, but what is QMC? and how do i get to this path??

thanks..

Not applicable
Author

No apologies requied

QMC = QlikView Management Console (on QlikView Server)

I guess I should have asked this question first, are you using QlikView Server or just just the QlikView Developer application?  If you're just using the developer tools I don't know of any way to automatically script and load data on a schedule but maybe someone else can chime in?

I hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks again td3wireman..

Unfortunately im still not familiar with QV server software.

I will have to leave this question unanswered(in the meanwhile) just for the possibility that someone will be able to help with scheduling a timed reload through QV developer application\QV Desktop (btw - are these 2 names refer to the same thing software?)..

Appreciate it anyways!

Evya

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

If you are not using a server, you can create a batch file and schedule that with any scheduling software (such as the Scheduled Tasks applet in Windows).

The syntax for the reload in your batch file is like this:

c:\Program Files\Qlikview\qv.exe /R MyQlikviewFile.qvw

Obviously, make sure the path to the qv.exe and the model are correct for your machine. Check "command line" in the reference manual for more.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein