Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scheduled reload of a QVW failing on server

We have quite a few QVWs now scheduled to reload overnight on our server (Windows 2003). Generally they all load OK but occasionally one will fail to load (not always the same one). I can do a reload by opening the QVW in the client but it fails if I trigger a reload in the control panel. If I restart the server it then reloads OK.

This is the email that I get when it fails, any ideas?

Regards

Colin

The task "Root/Draper/Sales Admin/Sales Admin.qvw" failed. Part of the log file follows:

11/10/2013 06:04:41 Error The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\QLIKVIEW DOCS\Draper\Sales Admin\Sales Admin.qvw.

11/10/2013 06:04:43 Error The task "Root/Draper/Sales Admin/Sales Admin.qvw" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\QLIKVIEW DOCS\Draper\Sales Admin\Sales Admin.qvw.

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult)

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

6 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi colin,

we had quite a few of those rather vague errors where one could easily reload an app in the client, but the automated reload failed.

Just a guess:

- Maybe the server cannot access one or other of the files involved? Check the paths - not from your machine, but from the server, the paths do look different there.

- Have you already had a ´look at that app's own logfile (activate it in the document_properties and wait for another server-side reload) -> that is usually easier to read and understand.

- Log on to the server, trigger that app, watch the script_execution_window for the exact command where it breaks and check that in_depth.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This one doesn't tell you much, does it?

Can you provide us with a document log for a failed task?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Will do,

numpty question but where would I find the logs? Do I have to turn on logging and, if so, how / where do I do so?

Sorry if this is a bit trivial but we're relatively new to this.

Regards

Colin

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No problem. I had this prepared but wasn't sure whether you knew already about server logs. Here we go:

To obtain DocumentLogs, turn on "Generate log file" in your document (see Settings->Document properties->General) Since you don't know beforehand which document will fail, you'll have to enable this option in every document.

Let your scheduler perform a few tasks until one of them fails. Then visit the logs directory and check the DocumentLog of the failed QVW for errors.

Distribution logs are to be found on the QlikView server in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log This folder contains a subdirectory for every day on which tasks were started. In that subdirectory you'll find folders for every started task. The folder name includes a timestamp to keep successive executions of the same task apart. Inside such a folder you'll find a TaskLog and (if script execution logging was enabled) a document log.

The latter may provide you with a more detailed cause for execution failure.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Excellent, thanks. I'll do that and then report back when I fave a filure log.

Cheers

Colin

Not applicable
Author

Hi DataNibbler

Paths are all OK.

I have activated logging but no failures yet. The problem is not consistent and the QVW script will run quite happily for several days then fail. I will report back when the next failure occurs and I have a log to view.

Colin