Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script Execution Progress Freeze

Hello,

We are trying to insert 3 new databases in our qlikview file but script freeze each time.

There is no error message appearing, it's just stopped but the window is not closed.

Is that because there is too much lines. It was working with 4 first database but it's not since we have integrated the last three one.

Thanks for your help.

Benjamin.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The number of records shouldn't be any problem. You're loading only about 4 million records. The problem is likely an issue in the data model. If your tables have fields in common then synthetic keys will be created. Those can take a long time to generate. Perhaps you need to concatenate some tables or rename some fields. See this blog post: Synthetic Keys

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Indeed, there 6 tables with the exact sames name fields. I will modify the name and try if it works.

Thanks a lot Gysbert.

Benjamin.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If the names of these 6 tables are exactly the same then QV would automatically concatenate them. My guess is that they are not exactly the same. Or some tables have some extra fields that are not in the other tables. If the tables contain the same kind of information (just from a different source, e.g. from different divisions) then you ought to concatenate the tables. If necessary you can force concatenations:

CombinedTable:

Load * , 'FromSource1' as Source

from sourcetable1;

concatenate(CombinedTable)

Load * , 'FromSource2' as Source

from sourcetable2;

Load * , 'FromSource3' as Source

from sourcetable3;

...etc

Not applicable
Author

There is 3 tables with exactly the same and 3 others too.

We will concatenate them and see if it works. Keep you posted.

Thanks a lot.

Benjamin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I'm working with ben.will on this issue, I tried to concatenate by following your method and I failed to reload.

We have 3 tables to concatenate, here is our script:

I simplified the script, initially we had 52 lines for each tables (same labels), table 1 (189,000 lines), table 2( 442,000 lines) and table 3 (1,500,000lines)

CombinedTable:

LOAD [Sub BL],

[Author BusinessUnit Name],

[Author Desk Name],

[Author Team Name],

[Elementary Sales Credit (EUR)]FROM

(
txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);

LOAD [Sub BL],

[Author Desk Name],

[Author Team Name],

(

Do you know why it's not working?

Thanks, Helene

LOAD [Sub BL],

[Author Desk Name],

[Author Team Name],

(

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Hard to say from a distance. Ben stated that the first four tables load ok, but the last three give a problem. Are those last three the ones in the script you posted? It's possible that the problem isn't these three, but fields common between this set of three and some of the other four. Try loading just a few records first instead of the complete set. You can add a line FIRST 100 on the line before the load statement to limit the number of records loaded to 100:

MyTable:

FIRST 100

Load * from ...somewhere...;

If you do that for all the load statements then the reload will probably finish and you can check in the table viewer where synthetic tables are created. Perhaps you can post a screenshot of that and of the complete load script. Or better yet an example document: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Helene,

this could be related to one wrong data record in the TSV file (.txt), maybe some strange characters or wrong column format. You should take a look at the record where it's stopping.. Are the files loading as a single load?

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D