cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Script issue

Hi Guys, I am trying to determine what's wrong with my script below and any help would be great.  Thanks!  The script below gives you overall percentage change based on "Address Suite"; however, for some reason, it's it only displays accurate results when I select individual "Address Suites" in my dashboard.  When I clear the dashboard, it doesn't populate an accurate average overall % change of lets say 12% it displays more like 26%.  Please note this formula is in a text box object.

To clarify, this formula gives me the average rent expense for the current market.

=num((Avg(Aggr(sum({$<LeaseTypeExpenses = {Lease}, Expense = {"*"}-{"VAT","Parking","Free Rent","Other"}>} if(left(Period,4) = $(vThisYear), Amount))/(sum(if(LeaseTypePortfolio = 'Lease', Size))), [Address Suite]))

This formula gives me the average market rate for the current market

num(Avg(Aggr(sum([New SP - Rental Rates]*[Units per USD])

/if([Unit of Measurement] <> 'SQFT', $(vSQMtoSQFT), 1), [Address Suite])),'$#,##0.00'))

When I divide the two amounts and subtract by 1 to get the percentage change, it displays accurate results based on each market I select; however, I am trying to determine how to give me an overall average % change if I don't select a specific "Address Suite"

=num((Avg(Aggr(sum({$<LeaseTypeExpenses = {Lease}, Expense = {"*"}-{"VAT","Parking","Free Rent","Other"}>} if(left(Period,4) = $(vThisYear), Amount))/(sum(if(LeaseTypePortfolio = 'Lease', Size))), [Address Suite]))/num(Avg(Aggr(sum([New SP - Rental Rates]*[Units per USD]) /if([Unit of Measurement] <> 'SQFT', $(vSQMtoSQFT), 1), [Address Suite])),'$#,##0.00'))-1,'#,#0.%')

12 Replies
powerqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Forgive me but for some reason that shows blank.  I must not have entered it accurately

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

can you paste the script what you are trying?

powerqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Your initial response was actually correct.  I just double checked the data and I agree with the output.  Thank you!