Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Script runs fine up to the EXIT - then reports an error ...

Hi,

can anyone tell me what I can generally do in the case that a QlikView_script runs fine right up to the EXIT statement, but as soon as I click on "Finish", I get an error_message and have to close/ restart the app, losing all the data? What can be wrong to cause that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Wow that's a new, I have never seen that before. What is the error message you get?

marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

occasionally I see this kind of failure. But there exists really an error anywhere within the script - only the error-message while runtime is missing.

You could try to find this error by using the debugger and/or uncomment some script-parts to see where the error happens and/or you traced error-variables.

- Marcus

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Everything is fine, as it should be. Get used. Read my topic QV Desktop 12. Bugs. How download v.11 with last SR?, what is happening there is Alice in Wonderland.

You have 12 version?

marcus_sommer

In addition: one reason for this behaviour could be the multi-threading execution of the script. One thread led to an error but is then waiting to be evaluated from the thread which had called them ... also in consequence some kind of a timing-issue.

- Marcus