Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arsenal1983
Creator
Creator

Script secure - password

Hi,

Is there any chance to set password in application (qvw) that will have such consequences:

1. Anyone can view the application through the browser - without any user/password

2. To open application and view the script the user and login is required

8 Replies
its_anandrjs

1. On the first point you can do it always without any interventions.

2. For this you can set the hidden script by setting unique password, then when ever opens the load script you have to prompt for password.

arsenal1983
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, but I want to have both conditions in one App. I want to protect my script and all sheets but I dont't want to require user/password from 'browser' user.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

for the first point, juste give the user a licence on the app on the QMC

marcus_sommer

You should avoid case 2 by distributing a physical qvw to users if you need this kind of security because AFAIK each way to ensure an application like macros or section access could be bypassed by experienced users (with some time).

- Marcus

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

What Anand mentioned is exactly what you are looking for. The hidden script protected by a password does not affect in your users opening the document without being prompted for any credentials, it only prompts for password when the QVW is open locally using QlikView Desktop and Show Hidden Script is selected from the File menu in the script dialog.

arsenal1983
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes - but anyone can copy unhidden script (unless I copy it to hidden tab). The same is with application objects (tables, charts etc) - anyone can modify them.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Anyone with access to the physical file, correct, as it is supposed to work. To avoid this set the right NTFS permissions and only those developers with access will be able to locally open the file.

Otherwise, via web the file cannot be copied or modified, or the script edited, hidden or not. Of course, data is still there and a user could take screenshots.

marcus_sommer

You could use section access and adding all users unless yourself and some admin-users like your server-account user as USER in ACCESS. Then you could adjust various options within the document properties tab security and also setting adjusting some of the sheet- and object-properties (no moving, read only, ...) - but like already mentioned you shouldn't make the qvw itself available else just using only the access point.

- Marcus