Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script to convert normalized db to denormalized db

Hi, I have started using Qlikview recently, and to get me going I would like to have an example QV-script to convert a normalized db to a star-schema denormalized db. Would be nice to have the source db as well (in Access?).  Database doesn't have to be complex, I just need to get a feeling on how to do this in QV.

Thanks in advance,

Bert van Leer

2 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Hi Bert,

For this we offer a QlikView Developer training in our Schiphol (Amsterdam) office on a regular basis. You are welcome to join us . Alternatively you could follow a Qlik Sense Data Modeling training as it covers 95% the same topics / content as script for bot products is very similar. Both trainings are usually in Dutch but can be in English if you prefer that.

Qlik Training Search Results

May you live in interesting times!
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The principles are just about the same as for other things where you'd use dimensional modeling. Create a star schema or as close as is practical. Some snowflaking is no problem. The only thing you really should pay attention to is that you don't have loops in your data model. There should always be only one path from a table to any other table.

This blog post (and the tech brief it references) may be of interest: To Join or not to Join

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand