Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattdt1811
Contributor III
Contributor III

Scripting for Zero Values

Hi All,

I have the below script to insert zero values into my data where it does not exist against a date, which works for data for myself.

Concatenate(TEMP1)

load 'Paid in UK' as FreightPaid,

'Insured' as INSURED,

TempDate as [CREATION DATE],

'BALDWIN@M' as [USER CREATED BY],

1 as Dummy,

0 as JOBCOUNTER

Resident TempCalendar;

Drop Table TempCalendar; 

My fact Table is TEMP1 and I have a master calendar in the script generating all dates.

How would I edit this section of script to cater for all [USER CREATED BY] possibilities?

14 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did not get you, can you elaborate with an example or sample data please?

mattdt1811
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

My issue was getting 0 values into my line chart in which I was advised to use the above/attached script.

The example attached works for my own USER ID in the line chart however, I will need to get it to work for all USER ID's, Customers etc.

If you need anything else please me know.

Thank you.

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

what are you expecting to see in the linechart when selecting 2017? a red line between Jul-Aug and Oct-Nov?

if yes then either go to axes tab and set StaticMin to -0.5 or disable smooth option in expressionstab!

if not then please give more information about what you have and what you want to achieve!

hope this helps!

mattdt1811
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

The line chart shows what I would want to for my own data I have loaded in the example.

However, once I load all my other data in, other user id's show the chart like below (not one continuous line dropping down and showing the 0's)

chart.jpg

If I repeat my dummy value script again;

Concatenate(TEMP1)

load 'Paid in UK' as FreightPaid,

'Insured' as INSURED,

'NEW USER ID' as [USER CREATED BY],

1 as Dummy,

0 as JOBCOUNTER

Resident TempCalendar;

This chart will work.

My problem is I have over 1000+ USER ID's so inserting the script for each of them is not possible.

I need to script for it to loop through and apply this to all user id's (to start with) - i will then need to apply to all customers and other fields.

Many Thanks.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Matthew Baldwin

Try like this example.

Capture.PNG

1.PNG

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

May be like below?

USERDATES:

LOAD

Distinct

'Paid in UK' as FreightPaid,

'Insured' as INSURED,

1 as Dummy,

0 as JOBCOUNTER

Resident TempCalendar;

Join(USERDATES)

LOAD DISTINCT

'NEW USER ID' as [USER CREATED BY],

Resident YOURUSERTABLE;

Concatenate(TEMP1)

Load

Resident USERDATES;

hth

mattdt1811
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Sasidhar,

This does work perfectly for [USER CREATED BY].

Now on to my next issue if you are able to assist further?

If I also LOAD DISTINCT [CLIENT NAME], the execution of script becomes very slow and the UI crashes. I think this is because I have 37,586 client names and it inserts a 0 for each Client Name and each date? The script log says it producing 333,000,000 lines!

Is there away around this?

Maybe I am approaching it wrong and instead of inserting 0 into my fact table for each possible record, I should be inserting 0 into the Month & Year?

Many Thanks.

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Cross joins should be cautiously used.. Would you be able to share a sample to look at the issue?

mattdt1811
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sasidhar,

Examples QVW and type of Data I am working with attached - I hope I have included enough for you to work with. I think in essence it is

all the same as my master data.

I believe you will just need to insert the source for the data from your local settings in below;

script.jpg

You will notice how the chart is working well when selected USER CREATED BY from your script but not for CLIENT NAME or other fields.

Thank you.