Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Section Access - Help

Hi,

I want to use the Section Access but do not know where to start, I have the attached
document, on here there is a field called AreaId, I want this to be limited based on what the
user has access to, for example

UserID AreaID
BobA 1235
BobA 1237
DavR 1236
DavR 1235
SimS See All

So UserID SimS can see all ther data on the document, how would I be able to do this?

Thanks

23 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Go to Windows Startup button, run Services.msc and go to any QlikView service. Check the logon tab for the account.

In regards to your other question, leave AREAID blank.

Hope that helps.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Miguel, Yes that works now, Thanks! Just have another issue, before I added the section access on the Document I had a filter that would always show when a user would open the Document i.e. Status = 'OPEN' but since the section Access when the user opens the document via Access Point it does not apply this filter even though I have saved this, so the section access must be doing something; is there away round this? Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The easiest way to check it is commenting the section access part in the script, unchecking "Initial reduction based on section access" and "strict exclusion" in the settins menu, document properties, reloading the document (so it will not prompt for password now) and select the OPEN value in Status. Now select any value in AREAID and see whether that selection is possible or incompatible with the AREAID selected en section access.

Hope that helps.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Miguel!