Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Partner
Partner

Section Access Using QVD - Field Not Found Error

Hello,

I am getting a 'Field not Found' error message on the LoginName field (see attached screen shot).  I have the source fields wrapped in a Upper() function and the renamed field names are also uppercased (see below).  I've found similar posts on this issue with the resolution being to upper case the fields but, could not find posts where the fields are already properly uppercased. 


Has anyone experienced this issue?  Can anyone please offer a resolution? 


Thank you in advance! 

Section Access;

Authorization:
LOAD
UPPER('USER') As ACCESS,
UPPER(LoginName) As NTNAME,
UPPER([Doc NPI]) AS DOCNPI
FROM
(qvd);

Section Application;


1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Section Access Using QVD - Field Not Found Error

Try instead with all field names in upper case, even though they are present in the QVD in mixed case.

See Stefan's reply here: Section Access qvd field not found

(Indeed, Section Access is a weird beast...)

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Re: Section Access Using QVD - Field Not Found Error

Hi Alec, the error says 'field not found' seems that the LoginName field isn't in the qvd, or it has another name, maybe Loginname or [Login Name].

Drag and drop the qvd into qlikview to check the script it autogenerates and use the same field name it uses.

Hope this helps!

Re: Section Access Using QVD - Field Not Found Error

If you're sure that field LoginName really does exist in your QVD (check character case), then you should try an unoptimized LOAD on your qvd, like:

LOAD 'USER' As ACCESS, // No need to use UPPER() here, already upper case

     UPPER(LoginName) As NTNAME,

     UPPER([Doc NPI]) AS DOCNPI

FROM (qvd)

WHERE 1 = 1;

Best,

Peter

Partner
Partner

Re: Section Access Using QVD - Field Not Found Error

Thank you Peter,

I tried an unoptimized load but, still getting the same error. 

Interesting to note that when I comment out the Section Access and the Section Application functions, the QVD loads without issue.  It appears wrapping the load with the Section Access & Application commands is causing the load to fail.  

Partner
Partner

Re: Section Access Using QVD - Field Not Found Error

Hi Ruben,

I tried that before I posted the issue to make sure I wasn't fat fingering the script.   I responded to Peter with the following about the Section Access and Section Application commands. 

"Interesting to note that when I comment out the Section Access and the Section Application functions, the QVD loads without issue.  It appears wrapping the load with the Section Access & Application commands is causing the load to fail"

Re: Section Access Using QVD - Field Not Found Error

Try instead with all field names in upper case, even though they are present in the QVD in mixed case.

See Stefan's reply here: Section Access qvd field not found

(Indeed, Section Access is a weird beast...)

View solution in original post

chrwolf64
Contributor III

Re: Section Access Using QVD - Field Not Found Error

Because the fields has to be in upper case, load the qvd outside of section access:

AUTHORIZATION:

LOAD

UPPER('USER') As ACCESS,

UPPER(LoginName) As NTNAME,

UPPER([Doc NPI]) AS DOCNPI

FROM

(qvd);

Section Access;

LOAD * Resident AUTHORIZATION;

Section Application;

DROP Table AUTHORIZATION;

Partner
Partner

Re: Section Access Using QVD - Field Not Found Error

That did the trick!  Thank you Peter.