Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Section Access - dual right (ADMIN & USER)

Hi everyone

I recently encountered a problem in section access where for some reason I could not access a document through the access portal but I could access through the client. I understand that document access through the access point is done on USER credentials only so that solves the problem. 

My question is, can you set up section access so my NTNAME can be a USER and and ADMIN? I need to be able to develop the apps in the client but I also need full access to them through the access portal.

I hope that's clear - thanks for any help.

Stu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There is no way to do it that way. You will have to have a test user to test it in the accesspoint.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Stuart,

Please see the attachment and check script .

Username: admin

Password: admin

Thanks,

AS

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Stuart, your user(domain/ntname) is in the secction acces? you have credencial to acces to it? and license in the acces point?

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes - it is in the script as ADMIN, I have a user cal.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

you should acces if you are in section acces and have license..

what error or msg do you have?

for other users works ok? to acces to the application in the acces point?

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks both. I get how it works my issue is if you set a user up as ADMIN in the section access script they cannot access the document through the access portal, but setting up as a USER you can.

So, my section access script looks something like this:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, Region

ADMIN, HEADOFFICE\JOHN.SMITH,*

USER,  HEADOFFICE\FRANK.GRIMES, NORTH

];

So in the example above, Frank Grimes can access the document through the portal (and only see North) but John Smith cannot - he gets the error - "you do not have access to this document" (qlikview licences are fine they are both USER CAL).

Now apparently you need USER access to access a doc through the portal so that means JOHN SMITH would need both USER AND ADMIN access (as he is the developer as well. I tried the Section Access script below but still not luck:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, Region

ADMIN, HEADOFFICE\JOHN.SMITH,*

USER,  HEADOFFICE\JOHN.SMITH,*

USER,  HEADOFFICE\FRANK.GRIMES, NORTH

];

As you can see I have JOHN.SMITH as a USER and ADMIN but I still get the same problem.

Thanks

Stu

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

As long as they are defined as a "USER" in the section access script it is fine, only when I define as an ADMIN does the problem occur through Access Point. My error message is in my other post.

Stu

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

All users that access the document through the access point are considered "Users" and have only the rights that are given them in the reduction column.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Stuart,

i assume you have INICIAL DATA REDUCTION in document properties.. (to use data reduction ok), you have check te strict exclusion too?

please uncheck and try it again

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

i Thought  we can provide only one kind of access

either partial access-> user access

full Access-> Admin

and i dont think if any person has full access then we can make him User with less permission.

i mean we can have either full or partial access

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan