Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Section Access issue in PROD

Hi,

I am working in a project where we have 2 server license for TEST and PROD and 1 Publisher License for TEST.

I have a application(Example.qvw) in QA(SourceDocuments Folder) which has to be distributed to PROD and it has been done successfully by means of Distribution service. Now the issue is I have section access built in QA(by Publisher Authorization) and application has to be viewed in PROD Access point.

How is it possible ?

Kindly help

6 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

maybe you will need to implement your SA on the script..

maybe pcammaertcan take a look here ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You mean to say that your Section Access data is entered and managed in the QMC (QMC->Users->Section Access Management) of your Test environment? In that case, simply keep the data source url pointing to the Test environment, and the documents will reload just fine. On condition that you aren't using a Custom Directory...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pradeep,

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but to implement section access, you will need to add a section access table at the start of the script.

Here is a link the talks about Section Access Management: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QMC_Users_SectionAccessMana...

And here is a good thread on Qlik Community on Section Access: QlikView Section Access Examples

I hope this is what you're looking for!

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

pcammaert‌thanks for the clarifications, but this issue interests me and I didn't really understand what do you mean by: "simply keep the data source url pointing to the Test environment" ?

today I'm working with a DEV and PROD environment and my section access is on the script.. my data source path are relative.. so wherever I push the app (test or prod), it will reload and distribute..

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's just for documents that get their Section Access data from the QMC, not for documents that get their SA data from an INLINE Load, or from some external file or database table. See QMC->Users->Section Access Management. You'll only see that menu entry on the machine with a Publisher license.

Anyway, this remark only applies if I am correct in interpreting "Publisher Authorization" as Section Access Management in QMC. Otherwise Section Access has nothing to do whatsoever with the Publisher.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Thanks a lot