MgrName

InvoiceLines

-----------------

InvoiceHeader

LineNo

Item

Qty

Amount

InvoiceType has values Invoice, ReturnInvoice, Budget, MonthlyAdjustments (the adjustment invoices have no Rep information but tied to an item in the InvoiceLines)

Invoice, and ReturnInvoice, and Budget are all tied to a Rep and hence to a manager.  Section access works beautifully for them and reduces data. However, when someone who is not a rep nor a manager, but an executive who should be able to see all data, for some odd reason all my Monthly Adjustments invoices disappear.

I don't understand why. Is it because they have to LinkKey and hence no record in the LinkTable?? I am thinking that shouldn't matter when I denote InvoiceType in the reduction field with a "*". Am I missing something? Does Section Access require all fields to be connected and supported on reducing fields? That wouldn't make sense either. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Check that under Settings > Document Settings > Opening (tab) > Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access is checked.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I see several things, first and most important is that Section Access actually works prompting user and password (or whatever) and reduces data.

Starting with that:

1. Fields may or may not be connected to the section access. The latter means all their data will be reduced. Said in other words, if you don't want to miss all data from a table, you need to have it linked to the section access table or any other table linked to it.
  2. The "*" in Section Access does not mean "all values for that field" but rather "all fields for that field and listed in this section access table". That means that if you have 100 values and you want a user to see all of them you need to get section access have 100 rows, one for each value, or do some kind of grouping (this will depend largely on your data model, though).
  3. In the Settings menu, Document Properties, Opening, there is a check named "Strict Exclusion" that means that, when a user does not have records linked to his entries in the section access table, then access is denied, even if the user has ADMIN as value in the field ACCESS (by the way, when connecting via client all users are USER access, even if hardcoded otherwise in the script).
  4. You can play with that option, uncheck it, and let the "superusers" see everything even when they don't have any data (think of general managers that have no customers associated to them, as opposed to salesperson that do). When a restricted user logs in, though, data will be reduced even when strict exclusion is unchecked.

Hope all the above makes sense and helps.

Miguel