Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access on multiple fields and 'Jokers'?

Hi there,

I am sorry that I have to ask you guys again but I am desperate...

Assuming I have a table like this:

Load * Inline [

AREA, COUNTRY, CUSTNO, Amount

1000, DE, 123456, 100

1100, DE, 321654, 101

1000, US, 654987, 102

1200, US, 987654, 103

(and a lot more)

];

and I have the following rules:

- User 1 should have access to all data and have ADMIN rights

- User 2 should have access to all records with COUNTRY = DE, independent of all other columns, and have USER rights

- User 3 should have access to all records with AREA= 1000 but NOT CUSTNO = 123456, independent of all other columns, and have USER rights

- User 4 should have access to all records with COUNTRY = DE and AREA = 1000, independent of all other columns, and have USER rights

I made it running with giving all users ADMIN rights but that of course won't work in Accesspoint (just locks out all USERs). I didn't find sufficient information about implementing section access with multiple fields and 'Jokers' and it is driving me crazy... so help would be really great! 🙂

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Martin

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Maybe this blog post helps

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert, for the link. But how would this way work in restrictive mode with users in USER-mode?

thx,

martin

Not applicable
Author

I also didn't get that topic about <ANY> and the * .... ANY is actually no keyword which qlikview could really work with, right? it is more something like a "you don't find me", isn't it? but doesn't this lead to the lock-out when using the restrictive mode?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

has perhaps someone a new idea or can give me another hint?

Kind regards,

Martin