Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milo2009
Contributor II
Contributor II

Select and generate DATA from different tables

Hello everyone:),

I haven't much experience in QV for now, but I'm try to get familiar with it (already knowing SQL)...

But now I've a problem, where I'm not able to discover the solution.

My Steps until now:

I'm loading two tables from an Excel File (that works fine) with the following result:

Sales_Shop:

Shop

Week

Category_Nr

Sales

ShopWeekCategory_NrSales

So Shop 3 doesnt have any sales in Category 10 and Week 492015.

Shop

Ref

ShopRef

So Table 2 has the following function: Every Shop will be assigned a Reference Shop (Ref). In this case the Ref for Shop 3 is Shop 1.

Now I have tried to get a third table with sales for every shop. The following logic should be applied.

If Shop X has sales in Category_Nr Y and Week Z than this Sales should be taken in the new table. If the Shop doesnt have real Sales, than the Sales from the Ref Shop should be taken into account. The Result should look like this:

ShopWeekCategory_NrSales

So the red marked 5 in the last table are the Sales from Shop 1, which will be assigend to Shop 3 for this Week and Category_Nr, because Shop 3 doesnt have any real sales (look at table 1).

I have no idea to how to get this result, as I'm not so familiar with the syntax in QV:/

Thanks for all your help or advice:)

1 Reply
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Actually I posted something with a flawed logic ... so I deleted that and posted this which should work:

2015-09-04 #1.PNG

2015-09-04 #2.PNG