Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Select last version of dublicate orders

Hi,

I have a data source, having the following structure:

Excel.jpg

When an order is created, it gets a 0 as the version number. When it is finished, it gets the 1 as the version number and a ending date is added. So, for all finished order the relevant version is the 1 and for all pending orders, the relevant version is 0. Any idea how to load only the latest version of any order. For the example from above meaning version 1 for the orders A, B and C and version 0 for order D.

Any ideas?

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Create a chart with dimension as order, DateStarting and DateEnding.

Add expression as Max(Version)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik, thanks for the quick response. I'm not so experienced, so what do you mean by "add expression". Where do I have to add this expression. Am I understanding right, that I allways have to read the complete table and make the selection afterwards. Isn´t it possible to use the SQL expression HAVING Max(Version). I've read in the manual, that this expression is existing, but I didn't accomplish to get it running it. Regards Michael

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Here are the steps.

Right click on the sheet.

Click on the New sheet object

Here click on the chart.

Here in wizard you will find may charts, click on straight table.

Now click Next

Here add dimension as Order, DateStarting, DateEnding.

Click next.

Here click on add

Type Max(Version)

Click on finish.

Make sure that you type word "Version" in same case as qlikview is case sensitive.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!