Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Selection using an expression in Input box

Hi,

I have a situation where, I need to declare an expression in the input box. By selecting the Input box element there need to be an association in the chart like If I have selected Growth in my Input box then it should show the Growth elements

The expression that I need to write in the input box is as follows

IF($(vTax)>0.2,'Growth',

IF($(vTax)>=-0.2,'Status Quo',

IF($(vTax)<-0.2,'Decline',

IF($(vcalcTax)=0 and $(vCalcTax_Previous),'Potential Opportunity'

))

I have used the same expression in the chart and I tried using the multibox and its working fine, but there is a limitation the thing is that after selecting an element remaining elements are being hidden. To select another element I need to deselect the current element and select a new one.

3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Selection using an expression in Input box

can u send screen shot of this

Input boxes are for inputting a value for a variable. Unless you want the variable to contain the text string of your expression it won't do what you want. Perhaps you should use a Text box instead.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

I used a variable previously and defined predefined values, In the listed values I have used an expression as '=concat(Variable)' and the input box get the text that is present in the variable like New York, Washington, New jersey

Community Browser