Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex78
Contributor III
Contributor III

Send Mail from QlikView with table in the mail body

HI all,

I have a table chart with few columns. I would like to send email from each row (based on users selection). When clicking on the table row outlook will fire up and the From: , To:, Subject:, and Email Body:, populated from fields in the qvw. 

So far I used the following:

Send Email ' & '<url>mailto:' & email_column & '?subject= Subject_column in the expression and used "Link" as Representation.

This gives me the  the To:, From:, and Subject: lines on Outlook. 

How can I add the body content? For example, I would like to see the email as:

To: Receiver@domain.com

Subject: Subject Line

Dear Receiver,  ....

School Name = School_Name   (School_Name will be from the data model related to the receiver)

Assignment Group  = Assignment_Title  (Assignment_Title  will be from the data model)

End.

Thank you in advance

A

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bharathadde
Creator II
Creator II

Here you go, I fixed it and attached qvw to this message

Expression is like below

='Send Grade' & '<url>mailto:' & EmailAddress & '?subject= ' & 'Your Grade' & '&body=' & 'Dear ' & [StudentName] & ' , your grade for the course ' & Course & ' is ' & Grade & '.' &
chr(10) & ' Should you need to have any clarification, please consult your teacher ' & Teacher & chr(10) & 'Thank you'

I tried using chr(10) for enter but it didn't work, you can try some other chr for it.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
bharathadde
Creator II
Creator II

Try this

Send Email ' & '<url>mailto:email_column?subject=Subject_column&body=body_column

Hope this works for you

Alex78
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Bharathadde. This is not working for me. 

bharathadde
Creator II
Creator II

it worked for me, please find below attachment.

Alex78
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

When using actions in the text box, it works. What I would like is to send from a table chart. I have a table and each row is going to have a link. It is on clicking this row value that the email should fire with To, cc, Subject and email body.

Thank you again

A

bharathadde
Creator II
Creator II

if possible can you please attach qvw file

Alex78
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have attached a simple qvw with inline data. The "Send Email to" column is the link that need to send email with the content like what is described in the text box in the sheet. The email body will have values from the inline table fields.

Thank you

A

bharathadde
Creator II
Creator II

Here you go, I fixed it and attached qvw to this message

Expression is like below

='Send Grade' & '<url>mailto:' & EmailAddress & '?subject= ' & 'Your Grade' & '&body=' & 'Dear ' & [StudentName] & ' , your grade for the course ' & Course & ' is ' & Grade & '.' &
chr(10) & ' Should you need to have any clarification, please consult your teacher ' & Teacher & chr(10) & 'Thank you'

I tried using chr(10) for enter but it didn't work, you can try some other chr for it.

Alex78
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes. It works. For new line I updated it like the following:

'%0A %0A' & ' Should you need to have any clarification, please consult your teacher ' & Teacher & '%0A %0A '& 'Thank you'

Thank you!!