Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis as variable into another set analysis

Hey Community,

i need your help with a set analysis problem. I have defined variables by using set analysis. If I put them into a textbox I get the right result.

Here two examples:

vStart_PriorYear

=if (vOhneAuswahl = 0,  date(AddYears(YearStart(Min({<%Artikelnr=,%Statistikklasse=,%KreditorNr=>} today())),-1)),

IF(MonthStart(Min({<%Artikelnr=,%Statistikklasse=,%KreditorNr=>} %Datum))> today(),

date(AddYears(MonthStart(Min({<%Artikelnr=,%Statistikklasse=,%KreditorNr=>}%Datum)),-1))))

vEnd_PriorYear

=IF(MonthStart(Min({<%Artikelnr=,%Statistikklasse=,%KreditorNr=>} %Datum))> today(),

If(MonthEnd(Max({<%Artikelnr=,%Statistikklasse=,%KreditorNr=>} %Datum))<today(),

date(AddYears(MonthEnd(Max({<%Artikelnr=,%Statistikklasse=,%KreditorNr=>}%Datum)),-1)),

date(AddYears(today(),-1))))

Now I would like to use those variables in another set analysis. And that is my PROBLEM. I cannot make it work!!!

Here is the set analysis that is not working.

= Sum({<%Datum={'>=$(vStart_PriorYear)<=$(vEnd_PriorYear)'}>} [Sales])

Thanks a lot!

Martin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have solved the problem myself.

I forget to exclude the selection in my calendar.

My working set analysis looks now like that.

= Sum({<Calendar.Jahr=, Calendar.Quartal=, Calendar.Monat=, Calendar.EindeutigerMonat=, %Datum={'>=$(vStart_PriorYear)<=$(vEnd_PriorYear)'}>} [Sales])

Thanks anyways for your quick response

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Could be something to do with the date format of the values in your variables. Can you post a document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I have solved the problem myself.

I forget to exclude the selection in my calendar.

My working set analysis looks now like that.

= Sum({<Calendar.Jahr=, Calendar.Quartal=, Calendar.Monat=, Calendar.EindeutigerMonat=, %Datum={'>=$(vStart_PriorYear)<=$(vEnd_PriorYear)'}>} [Sales])

Thanks anyways for your quick response