Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
philmywallet
New Contributor III

Set Analysis based on Search box

Hi

I have a table of data based on hours owed by staff on a weekly basis.  At the moment this brings back all weeks for all staff.  I want to create a set analysis that only returns information for a single employee, which is determined by a manual entry (search).  I need this to be in isolation of other tables in my dashboard so it leaves them unchanged. i.e.  I cannot use a list to select.

How do I do this?

My data table is as follows :

Week_Number,

Staff_Number,

Staff_Surname,

Staff_First_Name,

Hours_Owed,

Unit,

Division

How do I do this?

Thanks

Phil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Set Analysis based on Search box

You can use a ListBox and a table both belonging to an Alternate State. Then a selection in your ListBox will only affect the rows that are displayed in the Table.

Alternate States can be created in the Document Properties by clicking the ALTERNATE STATE button in the middle of the General Tab. After you have created an Alternate State called for instance asSelectedEmployees you can assign both the ListBox and the Table to this particular Alternate State.

You could also make a new tab/sheet and assign the sheet to this Alternate State - all Sheet Objects appearing on this Sheet will have "inherited" as the Alternate State they belong to. That way you don't need to assign them explicitly.

7 Replies
MVP
MVP

You can use a ListBox and a table both belonging to an Alternate State. Then a selection in your ListBox will only affect the rows that are displayed in the Table.

Alternate States can be created in the Document Properties by clicking the ALTERNATE STATE button in the middle of the General Tab. After you have created an Alternate State called for instance asSelectedEmployees you can assign both the ListBox and the Table to this particular Alternate State.

You could also make a new tab/sheet and assign the sheet to this Alternate State - all Sheet Objects appearing on this Sheet will have "inherited" as the Alternate State they belong to. That way you don't need to assign them explicitly.

sudeepkm
Valued Contributor III

you can have your set analysis to have Staff_Name={"$(= getFieldSelections(Staff_Name))"}

Not applicable

Refer Search Box Object in Qlikview  by Venkita Subharaman

Hope this will be of some use

philmywallet
New Contributor III

Petter

That sounds like it might work.  Could I use a search box rather than a list?

philmywallet
New Contributor III

Is there supposed to be an attachment?

MVP
MVP

yes you can ... it doesnt matter to QlikView how you make your selections really

philmywallet
New Contributor III

Petter

That worked a treat.  Thanks !!

Phil

Community Browser