Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Set codepage in OLEDB Connect to

Hello everybody,

I have a problem setting the codepage when connecting to a MS SQL Database with an OLEDB driver in qlikview. The database contains cyrillic characters. When I don't specifiy any codepage, qlikview only displays ?? instead of characters. I use the following connection string:

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=$(sDbName);Data Source=$(sDbServer);Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False](codepage is 1251);

The specified codepage doesn't seem to change anything. I already tried several different values (also ansi, unicode, etc.) but nothing changed.

When I set Auto Translate to False it shows different characters, but still no cyrillic.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve the problem?

Thanks!

Christina

Tags (3)
1 Reply
jjordaan
Valued Contributor

Re: Set codepage in OLEDB Connect to

Hi Christina,

I had the same challenge.

I could not resolve with an Ole DB connection, so I changed to an ODBC connection and there it worked.

Did found a solution to use a codepage within  a Ole DB?

Br. Jeroen

Community Browser