Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set expressions for current Quarter and Month sales.

Hello friends,

I have a requirement in my project, Where I have to write a set expression to determine current month and current quarter sales

But the problem is that i have tried so many different expressions and is not able to achieve it.

i have tried it in these ways

=num(Sum({$<Month = {'$(=Num(month(today()-1)))'}>} [Extended Price] ) ,'$#,###.') keeping in mind that the date in my DB is in Number format. I don't know where and what am i doing wrong. But this is kind of an urgent requirement for me.. Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Num(Sum({$<MonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Today(), -1), 'MMM_YYYY'))"}>} [Extended Price] ) ,'$#,###')

Actually, the above won't work since it's only a single date. Would you be able to add another MonthYear as

MonthName(TempDate) as MonthYear1?

View solution in original post

52 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this for this Month (Note you are defining Current Month as Jun(Since today is 1st July and Today's Month - 1 would be Jun:

=Num(Sum({$<Month = {"$(=Num(Month(Today())-1))"}>} [Extended Price] ) ,'$#,###')

sunny_talwar

You probably can improve your code if you have a field which is created in the script as MonthName(Date) as MonthYear

Current Month Price

=Num(Sum({$<MonthYear = {"$(=MonthName(AddMonths(Today(), -1)))"}>} [Extended Price] ) ,'$#,###')

Current Quarter

Not sure how you define your quarter (Jan-Mar is Quarter 1?)

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sunny, Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I have tried the 1st expression and is giving 0 where as it should be somewhere around 4 million.

If i want to try the second expression, to make the changes in the script i already have this one in my script 

Date (monthstart (TempDate) , 'MMM_YYYY') as MonthYear,

Also yes in my script we have 4 quarters jan-mar as quarter1 and so on.

sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Num(Sum({$<MonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Today(), -1), 'MMM_YYYY'))"}>} [Extended Price] ) ,'$#,###')

Actually, the above won't work since it's only a single date. Would you be able to add another MonthYear as

MonthName(TempDate) as MonthYear1?

sunny_talwar

Did that work? Really?

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much sunny. That really worked and to me you are a genius each time you come up solution to every question. Appreciate it very much. what should be used for current quarter sales.

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It definitely did. I wish i would have been trained by you in qlikview

sunny_talwar

Try this for the Quarter:

=Num(Sum({$<MonthYear = {"$(='>=' & Date(QuarterStart(AddMonths(Today(), -1)), 'MMM_YYYY') & '<=' & Date(QuarterEnd(AddMonths(Today(), -1)), 'MMM_YYYY'))"}>} [Extended Price] ) ,'$#,###')

Make sure this gave you the correct range in a text box when you put this: ='>=' & Date(QuarterStart(AddMonths(Today(), -1)), 'MMM_YYYY') & '<=' & Date(QuarterEnd(AddMonths(Today(), -1)), 'MMM_YYYY') in a text box

HTH

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

Hahahaha I am glad you think that way . I am glad I am able to help.

Sunny