Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Simple MsgBox - any way to individualize buttons?

Hi,

I am using a MsgBox in my newest app to query some feedback from the user - the reason i don't use an INPUT field for this is that the question is a closed question - the user can choose a or  b. If I were to use an INPUT field, the user could type whatever he likes and I'd have to write it all in the title_text what the user should write.

<=> A MsgBox has only two buttons by default, so there is not much the user can do wrong - but those buttons have standard texts on

them.

=> Is there any way I can individualize the texts on the buttons of a MsgBox?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

could you give some background to your task - where should it be used (script/gui) and for what usage?

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure about buttons

but in your case, why don't you use constraints in an Input box

you may define the values, the user only may select

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

this is in a report that the users have to be able to reload locally - they have to be able to get certain informations out of the involved tables which is only possible when the script is run - the tables are not loaded completely, but only the relevant parts, I tried to keep the data_volume to a minimum, which would not have been possible with a server_reload.

So in the script the users have to input the information they have, which is subsequently used to define the "route of execution" of the script. Thus the boxes - I have both INPUT boxes and MSG boxes.

@ Rudoplf

Dropdown_lists in an Input Box looks like a good idea. Can you explain how to do that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Rudolf,

I think there is a slight misunderstanding, or at least we are not necessarily talking about the same thing: An InputBox is an object on the GUI, no? I have some INPUTfields (in the script) and Msgboxes (in the script) which are displayed at the time the script is executed.

I will, however, do some experimenting with an Inputbox on the GUI - that would just mean slightly turning the order of execution around - right now, one of several buttons on the GUI just fills a variable that in turn defines the order of execution in the script and then it starts the script.

marcus_sommer

If you goes to the tab restrictions you could restrict the values to a predefined list:

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

yep. Thank you! I'll try this. That would mean changing some details in the workings of my report, but that might really make it easier to use. Let's see.

The question is only, how can I effectively manage the screenspace I have - I need the full width of the screen for the table_diagram,

that makes it difficult to find space for any additional buttons - the few there are are already displayed on top of the chart, not ideal.

I guess I will have to introduce one small button instead to click when the processing of one item is finished and the chart is no longer needed. Then the chart would disappear and in its stead the buttons would all reappear for the next turn.