Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Simpleton question - do I need a set_expression here or not?

Hi,

I have just concatenated data_lists from two different Excel files: One for 2013, one for 2014.

=> The issue is, there are quite a few more fields in the one for 2014, so there is some structural assymetry

<=> The most important fields are the same and have the same name through both years.

=> When I have a sum([field]) function in the script now, will QlikView automatically react to the user_selection of either 2013 or 2014 and sum only the records in that half of the table or do I need a set_expression here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi,

If there is a selection box in which you choose the year, even the chart with the sum expression will sum data of the selected year; otherwise,the sum will add all values for all the fields in the table obtained cocatenating the 2 original tables

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi,

If there is a selection box in which you choose the year, even the chart with the sum expression will sum data of the selected year; otherwise,the sum will add all values for all the fields in the table obtained cocatenating the 2 original tables

Hope it helps

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you have a field "Year" that correctly defines the relevant records, e.g.

AllData:

Load '2013' as Year, * From File2013.txt ;

Concatenate

Load '2014' as Year, * From File2014.txt ;

then you don't need any Set Analysis.

HIC

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks a lot!

I thought so. Just wasn't sure anymore.