Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Simpleton question - do I need a set_expression here or not?

Hi,

I have just concatenated data_lists from two different Excel files: One for 2013, one for 2014.

=> The issue is, there are quite a few more fields in the one for 2014, so there is some structural assymetry

<=> The most important fields are the same and have the same name through both years.

=> When I have a sum([field]) function in the script now, will QlikView automatically react to the user_selection of either 2013 or 2014 and sum only the records in that half of the table or do I need a set_expression here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Simpleton question - do I need a set_expression here or not?

Hi,

If there is a selection box in which you choose the year, even the chart with the sum expression will sum data of the selected year; otherwise,the sum will add all values for all the fields in the table obtained cocatenating the 2 original tables

Hope it helps

3 Replies

Hi,

If there is a selection box in which you choose the year, even the chart with the sum expression will sum data of the selected year; otherwise,the sum will add all values for all the fields in the table obtained cocatenating the 2 original tables

Hope it helps

Employee
Employee

If you have a field "Year" that correctly defines the relevant records, e.g.

AllData:

Load '2013' as Year, * From File2013.txt ;

Concatenate

Load '2014' as Year, * From File2014.txt ;

then you don't need any Set Analysis.

HIC

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks a lot!

I thought so. Just wasn't sure anymore.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Community Browser