Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Slow Oracle ODBC and OLE DB Connections

I am currently configuring a new 64-bit server to run the 64-bit version of QlikView Publisher 8.5 and QlikView Developer 8.5. Everything is up and running and seems to be working. However, I am having some difficulty reloading QlikView apps that make use of Oracle OLE DB or ODBC connections.

Whenever I reload an app that contains an Oracle connection, it takes about 7 minutes for the query to start. If there are multiple queries in the app, it takes about 7 minutes between each of the queries plus the time it takes to actually run each query. On our 32-bit server, these queries start immediately.

Am I missing a configuration step with Oracle on my server? Is the server taking too long as there is some sort of delay in authentication? Any ideas on what is causing the delay?

Server Info:

• Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition (SP2)
  • Oracle 10.2.0 (64-bit) -- naming methods is handled locally via tnsnames.ora
  • QlikView Publisher 8.5
  • QlikView Developer 8.5

Let me know if you need more information.

9 Replies
sicilianif
Creator II
Creator II

Jason,

I seem to be having a similiar problem. I am able to run fine, if I run manually, but through the publisher it hangs on the first select. My server info is identical to yours.

Were you able to find a solution?

Not applicable
Author

I ended up contacting QlikTech support and they sent me instructions on how to install/configure Oracle on my 64-bit server. Everything is working great now.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you please tell us a bit more about what you did in order to solve the problem?
I have the same problem 🙂 on the same config.

Best regards

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you tell us what did you do to solve this issue ?

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yes, Please Share...

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
Not applicable
Author

QlikTech support provided us a document titled "A QlikView Connection to Oracle's DB using OLE DB, both 32 and x64" that we used to setup the Oracle connections on our server. I recommend that you contact support and request this specific document.

Not applicable
Author

jasondyer 编写:

QlikTech support provided us a document titled "A QlikView Connection to Oracle's DB using OLE DB, both 32 and x64" that we used to setup the Oracle connections on our server. I recommend that you contact support and request this specific document.

how  can I  request this specific document?

Not applicable
Author

You might also like to look at Attunity's connector's to Oracle, annecdotal evidence from the field suggest they are multiple times faster than the native Windows or Oracle connectors.  www.attunity.com