Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Slowly changing dimension, Master Calendar and fact tables

Hey,

I'm rather new here, and I'm still working out some of the basics...so I apologize if this seems basic, but I couldn't find this case in the blogs and training books...

I'm trying to load a slowly changing dimensions table ([SubIntervals]), a master calendar table and a facts table ([Checkins]).

My [SubIntervals] table has periods for values changed  on a person, and has columns for :

SubInterval_ID,PersonID, From_Date, To_Date, Status, Home_Center, Person_Type

In order to be able to select a date and find the persons who have a specific value in one of the fields (Status, Home_Center, Person_Type) on that date, I created a [Master Calendar table], and a connecting table called [SubIntervals_x_Dates] based on the post by HIC : Creating Reference Dates for Intervals

[SubIntervals_x_Dates] has the columns:

DATA_Date, SubInterval_ID

This works fine.

Now I want to include a facts table called [Checkins] and link it to the other ones, so I am able to check who has a 'checkin' on a specific date, and what their 'Person_Type' was on that date.

[Checkins] has the columns

PersonID, Checkin_Date, Checkin_Center

I'm not sure how I can load my [Checkins] table in a way that it links to the master calendar, but doesn't link to the wrong persons or wrong dates.

Thanks in advance