Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sort weekday with specific date last

Hi all,

I have a problem with sorting weekday. I want to sort the days of the week with a specific day as the first day to see.

For instance if i want to show the last 7 days and today would be a wednesday i want the sort order to be like:

Weekday
tuesday
monday
sunday
saterday
friday
thursday
wednesday

this makes it easier to read a chart that shows the workload from the last 7 days.

Could anybody help me with this?

My thanks in advance for the help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tresesco, with your help i managed to fix it! Your document helpt me very much!

It works now with the following stats:

Dimension:

Weekday

Expression 1:

count({1}DISTINCT if(Date>=Date('13-03-2014')-7 and Date<Date('13-03-2014'), OrderID))

Expression 2:

num(count(OrderID) / count( distinct if(OrderID>0, Weeknumber & Year)),'#.###,##')

Sort Expression:

If(Weekdaynr<WeekDay(date('13-03-2014')+1),Weekdaynr,Weekdaynr-7)

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

i also see uses for this with a specific date. lets say i want to show the last 7 days from last month i want the order to be:

thursday 30-4

wednesday 29-4

tuesday 28-4

monday 27-4

sunday 26-4

saterday 25-4

friday 24-4

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Tom,

Change here (Back end) and check:

SET MonthNames='Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec';

SET DayNames='Mon;Tue;Wed;Thu;Fri;Sat;Sun';

Thanks,

AS

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you have a calendar with DayofWeek as a field (in addition to the normal Date, Month, Year etc fields), then you can dimension the chart/table with DayofWeek and sort the dimension by Date (ascending).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

As you can see i already have those. I just have them in Dutch (becouse me and my customers live in the Netherlands and prefer a Dutch sollution)

2015-05-18_1252.png

Not applicable
Author

that doesn't work.

The chart i want to use it on has the following expressions and dimensions:

Expression 1:

= count({1}DISTINCT if(Date>=Date('13-03-2014')-6 and Date<=Date('13-03-2014'), OrderID))

Expression 2:

=num(count(OrderID) / count( distinct if(OrderID>0, weeknumber & YYYY)),'#.###,##')

Dimension:
= Weekday (and yes this is from a calender file and not the weekday function of QV)

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sort by expression, something like:

If(Weekday(DateField)<WeekDay(Today()),Weekday(DateField),Weekday(DateField)-7)

Not applicable
Author

i tried it like this:

=if(Date<=date('13-03-2014') and Date>=date('13-03-2014')-7, Weekday)

this works when i show this in a listbox but nog in the chart.

As discribed above, the chart is build with the following Expressions and Dimensions:

Expression 1:

= count({1}DISTINCT if(Date>=Date('13-03-2014')-6 and Date<=Date('13-03-2014'), OrderID))

Expression 2:

=num(count(OrderID) / count( distinct if(OrderID>0, weeknumber & YYYY)),'#.###,##')

Dimension:
= Weekday (and yes this is from a calender file and not the weekday function of QV)

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like attached sample qvw? The expression you use in the chart should not much affect that way.

PFA

If(WeekNum<WeekDay(Today()),WeekNum,WeekNum-7)

For testing and not having to wait if this works tomorrow or not, you can simply test it with trying Today()+1, today()+2...in place of today() itself.

Not applicable
Author

in my document he shows sat, sun, mon, tue, wed, thu, fri.

Doesn't matter what date i take