Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stock levels best practice

I'm new in QlikView. But I've already read Reference Manual and many posts on community blogs and forums. So my question is not about possible ways to solve the task but about the best way (with relation to system productivity).

I'm interested to know what is the best practice to manage stock levels in QlikView. Now I see 2 possible ways:

1. Load only transactions (sale, purchase, positive and negative adjustment) and use Set Analysis with date filter every time i need to calculate stock level.

2. Create field for current stock levels and update it when loading transactions. Substract stock change (which again is calculated using Set Analysis) from stock levels every time I need stock levels on a certain date.

There is a need to use aggregation on transactions (to calculate stock change) in both cases. But in second case it is on smaller amount of data. Does it makes sense in QlikView? Or aggregation time doesn't depend on the amount of data?

Some additional information which could be important: Data will be loaded from Microsoft Dynamics NAV (former Navision). There is no special field for Stock level in this system. Only item operations. Stock levels are calculated as sum by operations using SumIndexFields technology.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

hi all, this question is too simple or too hard to answer??? why nobody reply this post? thanks