Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agaetisproject
Contributor III
Contributor III

Store fields leads to Unknown error

I try to export a sub-set of a table from my load script by using the Store function.

It works very well as soon as the number of fields is limited. More precisely, when I export less than 13 fields.

As soon as I want to list more fields, I get an export error.

Store

Field01,

Field02,

Field14

From TableName into filename.txt;

Have you ever noticed that on your end?

Corollary, is it possible to extract all fields using * and specify the fields I do not want to appear in the extract.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Regards,

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have you tried this:

Store TableName into filename.txt;

agaetisproject
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This will export all fields Sunny. I only want to export a subset of the fields.

My issue is that the syntax is crashing if the number of fields I specify is above 13.

That should not the the case so I suspect a bug there.

sunny_talwar

What if you create a resident with only those fields which are needed and then store it?

NewTable:

LOAD Field1,

Field2,

Resident TableAbove;

STORE NewTable into......

MarcoWedel

can you provide a sample application to test with?

thanks

regards

Marco

marcus_sommer

For me it worked fine with:

t:

load * inline [

F1    F2    F3    F4    F5    F6    F7    F8    F9    F10    F11    F12    F13    F14    F15

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15

] (txt, delimiter is '\t');

store F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6,F7,F8,F9,F10,F11,F12,F13,F14,F15 from t into testtest.txt (txt);

therefore I think that your problem is different to the number of fields - maybe it's missing the fileformat (bolded above) or something within the data (any kind of special chars like an eof which breaks the process) or something similar. Which release do you use (mine is QV 11 SR12)?

- Marcus