Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Store inputfield in QVD

I have been using Qlikview for only a few months so bare with me if this is a simple question: I have a Collections Dashboard in which I want to allow the user to track each time they contact a customer by entering in a date and a note using the inputfield script. I understand that inputfield only stores this information at the user level, but I am trying to permanently store the ContactDate and ContactNotes inputfield information in a QVD. Below is my script; any and all feedback would help!

INPUTFIELD ContactDate,ContactNotes;

InvoiceState:

Load

@ContactKey,

'' as ContactDate,

'' as ContactNotes

Resident InvoiceContactFINALTable;

STORE InvoiceState INTO InvoiceState.qvd (qvd);

Drop Table InvoiceState;

InvoiceStateQVD:

Load

@ContactKey,

ContactDate,

ContactNotes

FROM

InvoiceState.qvd (qvd);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Store inputfield in QVD

The replacement value is user dependent, i.e. when an input field is used on a server, different users will see different sets of input field values

That means that if the document is deployed on the server there's no way to store the changed values to a qvd.

If the document is opened locally with Qlikview Desktop then your script should store the changed values according to this post.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
5 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

The replacement value is user dependent, i.e. when an input field is used on a server, different users will see different sets of input field values

That means that if the document is deployed on the server there's no way to store the changed values to a qvd.

If the document is opened locally with Qlikview Desktop then your script should store the changed values according to this post.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Thank you, Gysbert. I have deployed my document on the server to test and you confirmed my suspicions that I am unable to store input fields by trying to store them in a QVD.

So now that that option is thrown out, what other options are available to store input fields? Any suggestions are welcome because now I'm stuck!

Not applicable

Hi Mike,

You can use a macro :

First select your object table with INPUTFIELD :

set tb = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("MY_TAB")

Then export it in a QVD :

tb.ServerSideExportEx  "MY_TAB.qvd" ,";",4

Not applicable

Hi Mike

I had the same problem. I went thru a macro to generate files

best regards

chris

Not applicable

Thank you, Benoit and Chris. Since I am new to this I have not yet created a macro. Do you have recommendations on the steps I need to take to create a macro? Thanks!