Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Strange Data Behavior Creating QVD

I have an environment where a client is on 8.5.   I downloaded 11 latest release personal to build a test environment to replicate this setup. It is a RAIMA RDM DB with ODBC connectivity.  I pull the raw data into QVD files and then do a final pull to create the usuable QVW files for production.  I built this test environment to be sure I can migrate this setup to 11 for them.  Same Includes, copied the scripts right from the working environment....  Same Data directory tree etc.....   Now, with a pull to 11 I am getting strange characters and weird data in QVD files.  I am getting "BI[]" instead of "BIZ", "19Y" instead of "199 and so forth"....... picture some alternate letters and foreign language style letters. Pulls just fine in 8.5.  Do I need to declare data types in 11?  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  If I ODBC connect via MS Access the data is flawless.......    Unfortunately I cannot upload the QVD file screenshot to show the exact characters I am getting instead of my actual data, so I attached it.

Tags (3)
Community Browser