Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Strange - total malfunction ...

Hi,

I am facing an issue which leaves me totally clueless:

=> I have an app which contains one subroutine which contains another subroutine

=> That worked fine just yesterday, I tried it out several times

<=> Today I edited something and now I am facing the issue that
       => in the Debugger, when I go step-wise, before it has even completed both subroutines, the system just stops and the button "close" becomes active - just after the first > end sub <, with the second (outer) subroutine yet to parse (the calling part would of course come afterwards)

Can you make head or tail of this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Strange - total malfunction ...

OK,

I'm in hot pursuit of the bug ;-)

It seems that, as so often, the error is somewhere inside the subroutine, that causes the whole thing to crash.

There is one empty table and then I have a RESIDENT LOAD with a FIRST 1 from that table - that of course does not work.

2 Replies
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

OK,

I'm in hot pursuit of the bug ;-)

It seems that, as so often, the error is somewhere inside the subroutine, that causes the whole thing to crash.

There is one empty table and then I have a RESIDENT LOAD with a FIRST 1 from that table - that of course does not work.

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

OK,

that seems to have been it.

It's a bit irritating that, apparently, when there is some error inside a subroutine, that isn't even parsed in the Debugger - before reaching the calling part and executing it - so the script doesn't throw an error, but simply stops.

One has to dactivate the > sub < and > end sub < commands and rearrange things so that it's normal code to execute only once, then you can debug it.

I hope that will help others who face this issue.

Community Browser