Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suniljain
Master
Master

Strength and Weakneses Of Qlikview SAP Connector

Dear All

In this post . I want to Discuss major strength and Weakneses of Qlikview SAP Connector. If you have any experience of it Please share .

Regards

Sunil Jain.

11 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master
Author

Major Strengths

1) We can extract data from DSO , Cube , Infoobject of SAP B/W.

2) We can Full extract huge Data from SAP/3 table. like MSEG, COEP,KONV,BSEG.

3)There are readymade template available to increamental data extraction from SAP BW.

Weakneses

1)Incremetnal Extraction From SAP R/3 Table like KONV is too tough.

2) There is no template available for increamental extraction from SAP R/3.

3) Complex Query Extraction From SAP B/W is too slow.

Not applicable

Hi,

incremental extraction is very easy with SAP R/3 and Connector.

Ask me for details.

rgds Eckhard

suniljain
Master
Master
Author

I want to extract KONV table data on Increamental basis. it is a cluster table.

can you suggest me method for increamental extraction ?.

Not applicable

Hi Sunil,

you can link to VBAK using the field KNUMV. In VBAK you can use AEDAT and/or ERDAT for incremental extraction.

rgds Eckhard

suniljain
Master
Master
Author

Dear Eckhard,

it is is to give advise but if you implement this logic in live scenario. it never work.

KNUMV is in VBRK not in VBAK. correct me if i am wrong.

to extract data from VBRK and then to extract only that much data from KONV is not possible with the help of SAP connector.

I alredy implement this scenarion but never succed but I also request to Qliktech to find alternative solution.

Thanking you for help.

Regards

Sunil Jain.

Not applicable

Hi,

if you look at VBAK in TA SE11 you will find the field. We have written a program for this concrete extraction.

I do not know, whether a view between VBAK and KONV with custom designed indices (e.g. aedat, erdat) on these Tables could work.

I also played with parameters of connectorString in oder to get stable uploads of quite few data out of huge tables (CKIS, KEPH, COEP).

The result is

…..;TimeOutFetch=12000;Packetsize=4000";

Regards

Eckhard

suniljain
Master
Master
Author

suppose I want to extract increamental data from KONV with the help of VBRK . can you suggest me which procedure I have to follow?.

can you just give me biref idea?.

Not applicable

If you cannot use a view ....

select KNUMV from VBRK where (AEDAT >= lastupdate OR ERDAT >= lastupdate) AND additionalSelection (e.g. VKORG)

into ....

With this result set

go into VBRK and select by KNUMV

rgds Eckhard

suniljain
Master
Master
Author

I followed your suggested method to extract data from VBRK. but how can I extract that KNUMV's data from KONV.