cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peony
Creator III
Creator III

String value in variable

I have set of some numbers in the field "Num_Set": 10 01, 10 02 , 10 03, 10 04, 10 05. Every number is a string value, cause of space between first pair and second pair of digits.

I need to select maxsimum number from the set (10 05) and assign the result into the variable: v_num_set = MaxString([Num_Set]).

Next step is to use this variable in "Actions - Select in field" for some text object. When I click on this object it should be autoselection in the field "Num_Set" .

So I set in text object's "Actions" field "Num_Set" and as the "Search String" set variable = $(v_num_set).

But as the result, nothing is selected.

If I replase $(v_num_set) by MaxString([Num_Set]) - everything works.

Can any one explaint to me why is it so?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Read this The Little Equals Sign

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peony
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I find out that it because in Variable Overview I set formula as "= MaxString([Num_Set])". When I removed "=" and left just  "MaxString([Num_Set])" - it works.

But I still don't get in what case it is neded to write"=" and when it's don't.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Read this The Little Equals Sign

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Peony
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you. It's more clear now.