Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oseimuduame
Creator II
Creator II

Sub Totals not Correct

Good Evening guys,

i just noticed that my PIVOT table Sum is Not correct... if i sum what i have in my table its not correlating with the SUM i am having.

please any help..

Below is my Projects

Thank You.

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm not downloading 46MB just to have a look. So I'm going to guess that your expression isn't a simply sum and therefore doesn't give the same result at the total level as the sum of the rows. If you can use a straight table instead of a pivot table you can set the Total Mode to Sum of rows. The pivot table doesn't have that option. So you need something like sum(aggr( ...your_expression... , Dim1, Dim2, ...., DimN)) where Dim1, Dim2, ...., DimN are the dimensions of your pivot table. And if that doesn't work then your expression is referencing other chart expressions by their label names. In which case you'll need to replace them in your incorrectly-summing-expression with the actual expressions instead of the expression label names.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

The Total make the same calculo of you  expression...you can chage the expression of total with if(dimensionality()=0,total,expression)

oseimuduame
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This is actually what i need. Thank you

its working very perfectly now.....

One More thing, i am trying to use Equal to but it seems not to work here is my expression:

if ((CUST_CREATED_DATE <> CUST_LAST_SALES_DATE), Count (CUST_ID))

i have a dashboard with Shopping Customers also i have Created CUstomers, i want to have a dashboard that will show me the number of old customers that actually came shopping, not the new customer that came shopping (more or less like a RETURNEE DASHBOARD.

Any help Please

Not applicable

Count (if ((CUST_CREATED_DATE <> CUST_LAST_SALES_DATE), CUST_ID))

but this is not performatic. i sugest creat a new fiel on script and use a set analisys on expression

load if (CUST_CREATED_DATE <> CUST_LAST_SALES_DATE,1) as Flag,

from source

expression:

count({<Flag={1}>} CUST_ID)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

<> means not equal. = means equal. You're using not equal instead of equal.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
oseimuduame
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i Used the Flag but my expression is underlined in Red though it gave me Result.... But my Total Under the PIVOT is still not correct i tried using the Sum(aggr(count({<Flag={1}>} CUST_ID))) but not working.

Any ideas

oseimuduame
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes... i want to get Not Equal to Not the Equal to.

Not applicable

you need put your dimensions on aggr

Sum(aggr(count({<Flag={1}>} CUST_ID),Dim1,Dim2,Dim3))

You need put the same dimensions of your put in your pivot table

Not applicable

if you got a correct answer select one to keep organized community