Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Suddenly my QV Doc cannot work

Hi All

I have a QV doc file ( Correct.QVW ) which is running fine , When i click ID , Table 1 will display the correct report of SOURCE_GL = ID , it work for all Country like AD KL PG SG.

I have copy the File Correct.QVW Script into my Wrong.QVW ( This file is my master file , i common all report into 1 files ), After reload , when click on ID , the Table 1 report does not display.

I have check more then 10 times still not able to figure where i go wrong ? I also copy the Wong.QVW script to Correct.QVW , Table 1 only work on Correct.QVW and alway not work on Wrong.QVW

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I think your application setup is too complicated, and therefore it will take too much effort to provide any detailed advise to you. The best I can provide is some general advise on your application design.

Your data model contains 11 synthetic keys. A synthetic key can lead to unexpected results in your application. It is highly recommended that you resolve all these synthetic keys before you continue any other troubleshooting. In best case this will resolve your issue, otherwise I think you need to look into the selections and the chart setup.

The source list box has an expression as value, which means that the values you see are virtual and your selection is not directly applied in the data model. Recommendation is to generate a new field during application reload with the desired values, and then use this field in the list box. This will make your application results more predictable. A Current Selections will show you what selection was exactly applied. Make sure that your selections are what you expect.

The chart has a calculated dimension. This will also add a virtual dimension to your data set, which can generate a unexpected data set. In this case there is a logical problem in your dimension. For example you have a comparison in the field Seq. This refers to a field with more than one possible value, which means that QlikView will return NULL as the result. The IF statement condition will therefore fails, since Seq>1 is equal to NULL>1 which will be FALSE.

For further troubleshooting you will need to break the chart down to find what part in the dimension or expression(s) that return an unexpected or incorrect result.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi All

I found the problem , due to  $(ColumnDim98) does not declare , because when i remove the $(ColumnDim98) , it does display value.

Paul

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I think your application setup is too complicated, and therefore it will take too much effort to provide any detailed advise to you. The best I can provide is some general advise on your application design.

Your data model contains 11 synthetic keys. A synthetic key can lead to unexpected results in your application. It is highly recommended that you resolve all these synthetic keys before you continue any other troubleshooting. In best case this will resolve your issue, otherwise I think you need to look into the selections and the chart setup.

The source list box has an expression as value, which means that the values you see are virtual and your selection is not directly applied in the data model. Recommendation is to generate a new field during application reload with the desired values, and then use this field in the list box. This will make your application results more predictable. A Current Selections will show you what selection was exactly applied. Make sure that your selections are what you expect.

The chart has a calculated dimension. This will also add a virtual dimension to your data set, which can generate a unexpected data set. In this case there is a logical problem in your dimension. For example you have a comparison in the field Seq. This refers to a field with more than one possible value, which means that QlikView will return NULL as the result. The IF statement condition will therefore fails, since Seq>1 is equal to NULL>1 which will be FALSE.

For further troubleshooting you will need to break the chart down to find what part in the dimension or expression(s) that return an unexpected or incorrect result.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Thank you for your take time in give me advise. Most of your point are valid.

Paul