Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Summarize and Alter Value during load

I am new to using Qlickview and have so far found the tool to be very useful.

I am looking for help on taking data during the loading process and determining if it meets certain conditions and then modifying what is actually loaded.

In Excel, I use an array formula to accomplish the task but was hoping to automate the process more in Qlickview.

Data

Person     Measure     Compliant

1               CIS-dtap     1

2               Mammo       0

1               CIS-MMR    1

3               Colo            1

1                CIS-VZV    1

n               CIS-dtap     0

n               cis-mmr       1

n               cis-vzv          1

I need to evaluate where CIS-dtap and CIS-MMR  which converts to CIS-COMBO and the other CIS values go away. Then load final data from above to show:

1               CIS-COMBO     1

2               Mammo             0

3               Colo                   1

n               CIS-COMBO     0

My thoughts are that I need to load a temp table which would index Person and Measure and only load where CIS* exists.  The next step is where I get stuck.

How do I compare acrossed rows and make the determination for the same person evaluate the outcome?

Just using logic, I would say:

for each person

CIS-dtap * compliant + CIS-mmr*compliant; if> 1  then the resultant record CIS-COMBO =1 else CIS-COMBO=0

Any thoughts or direction would be appreciated on getting me started on the evaluation between records.  I have simplified the example, I actually have 10 vaccines that I am looking across and I need to have 5 specific vaccinations but I hope the concept is the same.

4 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Summarize and Alter Value during load

Hi Brentski,

could you upload a small example with input and output data (use advanced editor) to get a better understanding of your problem.

- Ralf

See attached example:

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

MVP
MVP

I see, and I thought there would be some hidden calculations (multiplications): CIS-dtap * compliant etc.

Not applicable

Sorry I have not responded.  I am using the desktop version and have used up all of my "restores" so I am unable to try your suggestion. 

I do appreciate the response.

Sincerely,

Brent

Community Browser