Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table to not be affected by some fields

Hey guys,

I have a straight table, and I have a field that i want to click on that and this table doesn't not get affected by using this field. How can I do that??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, typo:

=only({<"this field"=>} TextField)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Julio,

I can do it by using set analysis.  In each expression of the table, make a change like this:

from

=sum(Value)

to

=sum({<"this field"=>} Value)

marcus_sommer

You need a set analysis statement within your expressions - sum({1} VALUE).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Whatever fields you are using in the Straight table, you can make a Data Island of that i,e a separate data table which is not linked to rest of the tables.

or another thing is,using macro, on selecting a field, you can disable and enable a chart.(though i am not that good in macros and are not recommended)

Thanks,

Angad

Not applicable
Author

I didn't work quite fine for me, because one of the fields is text, so, i don't know why, but set analysis doesn't work fine. I managed by creating an alternate state for that specific field, and the next straight table i'll do in this state, but i still didn't like this way of solving it...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There could be reasons for it not working, but the text should be a problem - use expression with only()

=sum({<"this field"=>} TextField)

Not applicable
Author

=({<"this field"=>} TextField)

like this? didn't work... it says "Error in the expression...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, typo:

=only({<"this field"=>} TextField)

Not applicable
Author

aeouihaohuaohuaeohuaoha, now It worked, kkkkkkkk, thank you alot